Discover Taiji - FAQ — Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the Discover Taiji course?
The course is 5 years long! We have been around for over 5 years now, and there are many diligent & hard-working students that have gotten through the entire course.
Do I get to keep my videos if I unsubscribe?
Yes. Your account will always show the videos you’ve paid for - even if you unsubscribe. You can always continue from where you left off by re-subscribing.
How do I unsubscribe or pause my subscription?
Please follow these instructions:
- Log into your account
- Click ‘subscriptions’
- Click ‘cancel’
I’m super advanced, may I pay to have all of the videos at once?
Short answer: No.
Long answer: As many advanced practitioners know, internal practices including Taiji are utterly dependent upon the fundamentals. So unless you’ve trained this exact system previously, then the best way to train the Discover Taiji course is the same for advanced people and beginners alike: with the fundamentals first.
The teachings further into the course depend so much on deep understanding of the fundamentals that we want to prevent practitioners from shooting themselves - and Taijiquan itself - in the foot by skipping ahead.
How do I learn more from experts by joining the Discover Taiji community forum?
Our community forum is a secret group on Facebook. Please send us an email with:
- Your Facebook email address
- Your DiscoverTaiji username or email address
And title it, “Joining DiscoverTaiji forum.”
Thanks! (Please excuse Facebook’s inflexibility - we will have a better process in the future.)
How do I train in person / How do I get more hands on experience?
We have several options for that:
- Train under one of our affiliates, which are growing in number around the world. A full list will be kept here: https://heavenmanearth.com/en/affiliates_43.html
- Come to one of our workshops or intensive training camps. There are many workshops around the world, and we have 1 or 2 major training camps per year. Follow HeavenManEarth on Facebook for updates. Tickets & availability for workshops & camps are always available at https://workshops.heavenmanearth.com
- Join the community forum and ask to train with other practitioners in your area! As Discover Taiji grows, we’ve seen many people find practice partners - and we’re looking forward to introducing the Discover Taiji mobile apps, which will assist with this further.
I have a question about something not covered here!
- If it is a support question, then please email support via the contact page.
- If it is a question that relates to Taiji & training, then asking the many experts on the community forum is likely your best bet. (See above for how to join.)